Quote:
Back again to the "we're not worrying about the life that's here, only the putative life to come" issue.

Sigh, yes.

BTW, what is it that makes Christians (all three descendants of ancient judaism, actually) so obsessed with sex? Somebody once told me that the root is in wanting to be clear on inheritance, tribe membership and such, but that does not sound proportional to the scale of manipulation and supression. Besides, late Middle Ages Europe Christians were in that respects far more tolerant (while, say, Iberian Muslims were more tolerant in most respects). Any ideas?

Quote:
I really admire your wide knowledge of our (USA; I'm with the Canadians amd Mexicans on resenting"American" as exclusive for us) history, political system, and issues.

Thanks. Yes, I will take care when I use 'America', and when 'USA'.

Quote:
There is considerable evidence...

Quote:
...that high school kids graduating in Virginia, across the river from DC, can't name the last 5 presidents or the current vice-president (isn't THAT an appropriate play on words...), and that much of the rest of the country is worse, though at least the current polarization has waked a few people up....

Ignorance has always been right's strong tool... But, as Moore on the page you pointed to notes, this time more people voted for Kerry than for any other president in history, save, alas, GWB. That is something. Perhaps it can be built upon.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue