Quote:
Especially given the fact that according to the Bible, nobody is born without sin, and therefore, one could assume, nobody is born innocent.
This depends on how you're using the word "innocent". There is a difference between innocence with regards to human justic and innocence with reards to devine justice. Origional sin means we are disqualified from Heaven because of our nature, but whether that means we are born already disqualified or disqualified for our first sin is more of a theological question (those I most respect say it's the former as you suggest, but I am not convinced). Since we all sin, this isn't a key point though.

Human justice is different, however. If we were to put to death anyone who's sinned, none of us would make it very far. A quick read through Leviticus makes that plain enough- thankfully (from a Christian perspective) God has given us a means of restitution in Jesus Christ (the OT had it in the sacrificial system).

So while an unborn Child may have inherited Origional Sin (based on your theology), this would only extend to devine justice, not human justice. Also, there is evidence that children who die are sent to Heaven, but that's a WHOLE different discussion.

Quote:
So, Jeff, how many cells does it take before "life" comes flowing in?
I really believe it's conception, but certainly sometime before exiting the mother's body for sure. That seems like a very abirtrary distinction.

But the point of devling this was not to argue about abortion, only to say that it's not as simple as conservatives wanting to take away choice. We believe it's protecting life.

Quote:
The most orthodox of the Jews will collect spilled blood and scraps of flesh because the feel the body must be whole to go to heaven.
Christians don't believe this. We believe our bodies will be fully restored so even those who have been creamated are going to be just fine.