Quote:
Quote:
How contraception fits into this in your opinion?
I forgot to answer this earlier. Most protestants I know, myself included, have no problem with contraception (as it's pre-conception). The Catholic church has a tradition of being against contraception (except for "natural means") and I know of one protestant minister who is against it (he says he knows of only three others).

I have to agree, this does seem to be largely the domain of the Papacy and Catholic adherents, though certainly there are some more (conservative isn't really the right word, and neither is radical) Christians who keep their children out of health classes for reasons of/related to it.

I can tell you that before college I spent 13 years including kindergarten in Roman Catholic schools, (and nursery school at a Presbyterian church) and I was required in high school to take health class, and sexual health was part of that curriculum; A survey of world religions was also required during that 4 years. Biology was one of the subjects I didn't care for, so I probably didn't take as much away as i did from Physics or Chemistry, but I can also tell you that I don't recall a denial of evolution in my science classes.

In that regard, my religious education was perhaps more "liberal" than (if all the hype is to be believed, and I'm not sure it is) a public education in, say, Kansas.

Now, the flipside is I can certainly remember an opposition to abortion during that time as far as what we learned, and, at least in religion class, we were encouraged in the direction of abstinence. So in that regard, I guess it was rounded, a "here's how you should live your life, here's what you need to know about life" education.

The surprising thing is that during high school I had a corporatist, fiscally and socially conservative philosophy, which went against the current of the social justice type of class I took as a junior, and now, years later, I'm on the other side.

I am 31. In view of the quote variously attributed here I am heartless *and* brainless.