Quote:
You seem to imply that there's one unified church.
Not what I meant. This is probably another example of a wrong context word usage. "The church" is routinely used among evangelical Christians to refer to the overall body of Christ, including all Christian churches which have similar beliefs regarding Jesus Christ and His death on the cross to pay for our sins.

Quote:
In fact, if I guess correctly, the single church organization you're a part of, the Southern Baptist Convention, has had severe rifts in it in the past couple of decades due to the conservative takeover in leadership.
I have attended Southern Baptist Churches in the past, but while they have a similar doctrine to mine, I am currently attending a non-denominational church. This church has probably been pro-life since its inception 20 years ago.

Regarding the broader use of the word "church", I think most evangelical churches are today (if not in the past) pro-life. My comment was a concession that evangelical churches that (I believe) are correct in their opposition to abortion are not as aggressive in taking care of children in families after the fact. I didn't mean to imply anything beyond that.