Actually, I was dumb. I forgot that they have a Windows version available, so I just downloaded it and am playing with it now. It's definitely the slickest UI that will have ever been on a networked media player like this.

However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the damn thing to scrape my folders with my TV shows and present them in the TV Shows screen. Bruno, you said "if your files are named somewhat intelligibly," but what I'm seeing is that they have a strict naming scheme that you have to follow. However, even when I tried that, I can't get it to recognize my files. I've added my sources correctly, and I've copied correctly named files into the sources it pre-populated, and I'm still seeing nothing in my shows list.

*edit*
Ah, it seems that the naming is even more finicky than I thought. My test was with an episode of Angel. I had named it "Angel.S03E15.avi" and what worked was naming it "Angel.(1999).S03E15.avi" because I guess IMDb thought there was another show called Angel. Interesting...

*edit again*
Argh! This is really annoying. I was working out of a temporary folder, trying different file names to get it to work. I deleted the temporary folder and went to the original folder to try renaming some of those files. I named them the same way, and now Boxee is refusing to see them and list them in my TV Shows area. Grr. I'm getting less enthusiastic about this product. It seems that other people out there have this problem with Boxee as well, and I'm not seeing any solutions to it. I have named it just how they've asked me to, and yet it's still not working.

Edited by Dignan (20/03/2010 19:20)