Originally Posted By: Dignan

Sorry, I'm guessing you meant personal future, not the company's future. That's where I was confused.

I actually didn't even mean my own future. smile I only used the word "future" because the Boxee Box isn't out yet and it doesn't have an exact release date. So it's a "future product."

I haven't seen any information specifying exactly how the software on the box will compare to the downloadable software but I imagine it will be pretty similar, if not identical. I can understand not necessarily having native output switching when running on a computer for which they have no guarantees of what output resolutions will exist.

I did connect my MBP out to my new 55" LCD with Boxee running and it looks pretty sweet. The UI still needs some work/refinement. For instance, the covers grid for movies and TVs is displayed too far down on the screen - the bottom edge of the bottom row of covers gets a little bit chopped and darkened. Also, when scrolling down, the top row just suddenly vanishes instead of smoothly scrolling off the top. It's distracting. Not to mention when popping back to the grid from a playing movie, the left options bar is initially displayed and then hidden again. That's the most distracting thing of all.

But it's a good start and infinitely better than the UI they had last year. And better than everyone else's UI for that matter. I hope they have plans to extend and enhance it as well. I'd love to be able to see a list of actors in a particular movie and then select the actor's name to filter al the movies by that actor.