From this review I stole this image:

This is what you see once you've got it connected to the internet (on first connect it will did an update) and then connect it to you Skype account.

If memory serves me right there was a webcam option for the Logitech Revue, I think it only worked with a very limited set of webcams, maybe only one. Typical webcams today do very little processing, all that is handled by the computer they are attached to, after all there is plenty of horsepower there, so let the computer and the software do the work. Which in part is likely why the Revue only worked with some cameras, the ones that did the work. The camera I've linked to is fully self contained, requiring only ethernet (hard or wifi), HDMI out, and micro-USB for power.

My only concern is that this product is EOL from Logitech, and that too soon for my liking it will become a brick due to changes in Skype, that Logitech don't update the firmware to account for. A similar competing product is this from Tely Labs telyHD. And there are also some Smart TVs that support their own brand webcam, but that ties you to that TV brand, and they are a $100 to $200 add-on.

Given the horsepower in the Amazon Fire TV they could support a webcam, that I suppose it is a question of how Amazon would monetize the feature, after all it is not going to encourage me to buy more products smile