So far here's a small list of my Boxee show-stoppers. I don't think I'll buy a Boxee Box until they get resolved (in order of importance for me):

• Can't forward/reverse skip multiple times in a row on local video - simply freezes up playback for a while, this means it's impossible to fast-forward through your video at any rate.
  • Articles, including the definite article ("the") not ignored when sorting titles. This is an egregious bug, IMO, and it's simply inexcusable that it's still around in the latest software versions. There are currently no plans to support this!

Other important issues, but wouldn't stop me from picking up the box:

• Direct-to-video releases are not able to be indexed by Boxee, even if you can find them in the manual-correction lookup. This affects all those Disney sequels, lots of comedian's DVD, etc... Currently there are no plans to even support this.

It appears to me that they're concentrating mainly on the online-content rather that putting much work into the local library management and playback. That has me worried for the future, especially since local playback is 100% of my interest in Boxee.