Originally Posted By: hybrid8
I will caution you that Boxee takes a while to index the videos. So... Leave it to do its thing and don't be worried that shows don't appear as soon as you add the path or files or rename them. Just leave it for a few hours, or better still, over night, especially if you have a lot of files. I suppose you may be testing with just one or two files. In that case I suppose it should be relatively quick, though I've never tried that myself.

That's the thing, I've tried this with a total of one file in one media source. I wouldn't have thought it would take any time at all! But you're right, it does take a while. I'll have to leave it alone sometime. I want to try naming my files like I usually do (which is like your system without the 'x' in the middle of the number) and see how it handles it.

Originally Posted By: hybrid8
I did just think of another technical concern I have for the future Boxee Box... It's a concern in that I'm not sure if they'll support the feature I'm looking for...Native output resolution switching.

Sorry to start disagreeing again, but that's hardly a concern that most people have. Basically I'm just saying that this is the least challenge to Boxee's future success. Way behind things like adoption by the average consumer, fights with the networks, and finally finding a revenue model.