I aven't seen what you're describing about it showing you episodes you don't have - at least not in our local media list. There should be a way to tell it that you
re browsing LOCAL - along the left I believe.

The feature I mentioned, native resolution switching is nothing for you to disagree with. It's important to me, but I didn't say it had anything to do with the product's success. It's a high-end feature that most consumers wouldn't have a clue about or how to use. When I have 10-20k invested into a home theater system, I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of it. So for me, or others like me, wanting the best out of external video processors (costing from $600 to $6000), it's an important feature. Most other products don't have this feature either.

BTW, Boxee is in Beta. Report the issues/concerns you're having so they can be addressed - that's the purpose of the public beta.

Another alternative for anyone with MS Media Center is the "MyMovies" plugin and its "Collection Management" application. With this app you can manually set every file with whatever meta data you want - similar to DVDProfiler.

http://www.mymovies.dk/products/collection-management.aspx

Someone is making a port of MyMovies to SageTV which I'll be testing soon. It will use the same DB managed/created by the official "MyMovies Collection Management" program. And the author has put in a browse mode that is very similar to Boxee for me.