Ok, here's #4 egregious design flaw with boxee.... I agree with the poster on the boxee forum, this is maddening.

Quote:

So here I am again. I completely love the smart organization of TV shows and movies that Boxee offers for local content, BUT, Boxee won't stop adding streaming sources to 'my TV shows" which is entirely frustrating when I have 100+ episodes of a show and think "Oh I haven't seen this episode yet, only to get directed to ABC/comedy central/hulu etc and offered a very low res/bitrate source.

I can easily ignore feeds and everything in the library, but when Boxee "helps" fill in missing stuff in the My shows page, it is completely maddening and would be enough to drive me away except there are no equally viable alternative programs out there.

The "MY...." categories/lists are supposed to be your actual local collections. Except for the TV category it seems. Boxee will also show random online sourced episodes mixed into what you have locally. And they're truly random, it doesn't show you all the episodes you're missing, just some hodge podge list. And there's no way to tell which are local and which are online, nor where the online content is sourced from, until you actually go play them! Not to mention the online stuff might come in at 200x100 resolution while all your other stuff is 720 or 1080p.

Apart from completely corrupting what should be a list of your personal media, Boxee's flawed online additions also show incorrect season numbers, incorrect episode names, duplicate episodes, wrong episode numbers, duplicate numbers, numbers out of order, content which is not allowed to be played in the current region, content that is allowed but simply won't play, etc.

Maddening - to say the least.

But, Boxee is still the only game in town. Everything else out there really really sucks in every way, especially when you give those products more than a quick glance. Even WD's new box shipping tomorrow seems like a huge bag of fail.