Well, I was right about Phones4U being incompetent. After waiting half an hour, my reservation papers were scrutinized, and I was told by the store manager they didn't have any 32GB models for Orange and would I like a 16GB one instead, I declined, much to his and everyone else in the store's surprise. Apparently the store manager knew this fact several days ago but the girl that took my deposit yesterday didn't. Luckily I only wasted 30 minutes, if I'd been waiting hours it would've been a different story, I also got my deposit back.

The most amazing thing is that by way of recompense he said I could have a 32GB 3GS instead! I politely informed him that if I'd wanted one of those I could've just walked in and bought it yesterday.

I had a go with one in the Apple Store in front of the drooling fanboys queued up outside. It is really nice, and while I'd really like to have one before we go to London next week, I'm now happy to wait until I can just walk in off the street and buy one then and there.

Andy M