Originally Posted By: Dignan
If they say anything that isn't in keeping with the rest of their public messages I'll be amazed. I have no doubt they'll deny everything or try to spin it somehow.

I highly doubt they would be organizing a full press event with invites for various organizations to come to their campus to just say "Nothing is wrong". Apple has to get out in front of this issue fast with all the coverage (including Letterman making a top 10 joke of it). This is the first time I can think of that Apple is holding an event like this outside of announcing a new product or software update. It will be a damage control event for sure, but with actual action in some meaningful way. At a minimum, I'm expecting free bumper cases.

Why do I say this? Close to 10 years of being an Apple customer has taught me that even when they do slip up, they act to fix the problems even if they initially deny them. I don't see that changing now.

I will say though if their solution is free bumper cases, I'll probably take the phone back. As much as I like the device overall, I keep going back to the 911 call where the operator couldn't hear my friend making the call. I simply cannot support the product with my money with such a serious design flaw, and the bumper for me just swaps that issue for others. Much like I refused to pay for the defective Vista OS, or will refuse to buy another 360 if my current one fails, I'll refuse to keep this generation of iPhone until the flaw is fixed. At least that means I'll only have to wait another year for a new phone, instead of 3 for a new OS, or 5 for a new design of a console