Originally Posted By: drakino
While it's probably true that the iPhone 4 is dropping less calls, they didn't address the issue of reduced quality or speed, to the point where the other person on the call can't hear the iPhone 4 user. Technically not a dropped call, so their stats don't count it as a problem.

Isn't this the exact thing I was talking about in my previous post? (BTW, I'm not directing this at you, just at Apple)

I said I hate when people dismiss this problem with "the iPhone 4 actually gets better reception than previous iPhones." That's what they said here about dropped calls.

I don't know of anyone in the media who has claimed the iPhone 4 doesn't get better reception than the 3GS. This isn't the point! The point is there's this one little problem, and they have to address THAT, not give us spin (did I not say there would be spin?) about how great the reception is.

Oh, and I think that Steve's claim that "no one will buy a large phone" is one of his least accurate predictions yet. I don't think the Droid X will sell in iPhone numbers, but no other phone does. Clearly some people want a phone that size.

*edit*
But you were right, Tom. They did somewhat address this as an actual problem. The free bumpers are clearly the cheapest solution if they did admit there was a problem.

However, it did seem like the entire press conference boils down to "our phone is awesome and way better than our last phone...here's a free bumper for that thing you think is wrong."

Edited by Dignan (16/07/2010 18:21)