I never was able to cause issues touching the iSpot during my travels in Portland and Seattle. Once I returned to Austin though, the problems came right back. So it's either something different in the networks in the two areas that minimizes it as an issue in the northwest, or possibly environmental conditions like humidity and the dryness of my skin.

Listening to MacBreak Weekly, they too were seeing mixed results. Leo Laporte stopped using it completely after dropping 5 calls in a day, though he does also live near San Francisco where it's (at least according to Jobs), a nearly 3 year process to install new towers. Andy in Chicago said he can drop bars by touching the spot, but it wasn't a big deal for him considering the other improvements on the phone. And Gruber seemed unaffected by it in Pennsylvania.

If my phone was defective, Apple wasn't interested in replacing it after 2 separate visits to the Genius Bar, even when demonstrating the issue to them.

Glad to hear it is working for you sn00p, and most likely it will work fine for Tony too.