Originally Posted By: drakino
Overall, even if it is a major flaw, it can be worked around with a case or other method. Being that no mobile phone is perfect, I'll take this flaw over other tradeoffs I'd have to deal with on another device. I'm already hooked on the screen, like the camera, and overall enjoy the other features of the iPhone 4. I have trust in the Apple support system that they aren't going to just completely ignore the issue, though it may take a little bit of time to address. At this point the phone isn't even a week old. If the worse case situation has to happen, there is still plenty of time to return it.

Fair enough, and I'll agree with that reasonable response. I do have to wonder, though, why Apple chose this go-around to release a case, and hope that one of their solutions is to discount or give away a case to people with problems. There's no way on earth that those "bumper" cases cost anywhere near $30 to make. I'd imagine that if they sold them for $15 they'd still make a significant profit.

I won't say that's the way to do it, but it seems to me that the iPhone problem is more of a problem than it is with other phones, and they need to address their users with something better than "don't hold it that way" or "all phones do this to some extent."