I think the blockiness and solid feel of the iPhone 4 are what appeal to me most about its design. They edges don't feel sharp to me, but maybe that's because I've also used the MacBook Pro and older iPods that have razor edges. The metallic band isn't as wide as the phone is thick, so there's some rounded-ness because of that. The edge of the glass is also smooth rather than chiseled like a knife as found on the Unibody MacBooks and a number of other Apple products.

Those people in line were going to be there a long time. The queue didn't seem to get any shorter during my hour at the shopping center. The Apple store was what I'd call quite "full" as well, certainly more so than any other store in the entire shopping center - I walked around the whole thing while killing a bit of time until my appointment.

Unfortunately they didn't have any of the new 27" displays available to play with. All the stores in Ontario are pretty small, we certainly don't have anything close to the flagship stores. They're not even as big as the one in the Walden Galleria in the Buffalo area. As an example of space shortage, there was only a single Mac Pro on display and only perhaps two 24" cinema displays from what I saw, one of which was running on the only Mac mini in the store. I suppose that with MacBooks and iMacs making up the lion's share of Mac sales, there are very few displays sold, especially in-store. Even the online store doesn't have a graphic front and center for the Displays category anymore.

Edited by hybrid8 (09/08/2010 18:44)