I'm all for a new take on thermostats. It's funny, over the past month I've actually been looking for thermostats that work over Z-Wave or WiFi, but all the current products out there are pretty terrible, or they cost a good deal more than the Nest but with half the features and a quarter the style (not that the look of it is my biggest priority).

I really would prefer that it NOT have the learning capabilities. That's not very useful to me, since I work from home a lot of the time, and so I'm in and out of the house at completely different times from day to day. But being able to adjust the thermostat over WiFi would be great. I'm also interested in learning more about how each Nest talks to each other.

My home is VERY difficult to work with when it comes to temperature control (I've posted a thread about it here before). We have two floors, with a thermostat on the first floor, and duct work in-between the levels. This is an awful design. It means that there's almost no way to keep the top floor cool. In the summer, the AC cools until the first floor is cool, which means the top floor stays warm, even when I close all the vents on the first floor and open the ones on the second. In the winter, even though I flip the vents, because the ceilings are so high, it takes a while for the heat to reach the thermostat on the wall, and the top floor fills from the vents on the ground. Again, it's a terrible design. It's taken me four years to finally get things to the point where I've kind of figured it out. But there's still problems, and the second floor continues to be 3-4 degrees hotter than the first at almost all times.

What I'd love is a system that would know to trust a thermostat on the second floor when we went to bed, and the first floor the rest of the time. But at the very least, if I was having trouble sleeping because it was too hot on the second floor, it would be nice to use an app to turn the temp down without going downstairs (first world problems).