Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
It's funny to see the locals outside when the temperature drops below 70 degrees, bundled up in hoodies and coats, with their dogs wearing fleece jackets. They look at me in disbelief when I tell them I used to walk my little miniature poodle at forty degrees below zero with no coverings at all, and he was fine with it, was willing to stay out longer than I was.

It's kinda weird how the humans and other mammals adapt to different climates. I grew up in Colorado and generally disliked the heat in the summer, but it was never too uncomfortable. When it was cold, much like you I could be out in pretty low temperatures without a ton of layers on.

Five years in Austin, including during one of their record breaking summers, my body adjusted to the warmer climate. Every year when I went back home for the holidays, I noticed the cold bothered me more and more.

Now out here in California where the average is lower then Austin, I still find myself wearing a coat when others don't find it necessary, while also dealing with the "too hot" 80F occasional summer heat waves just fine. I'd come home and hear everyone else's AC units on, while I was opening windows.