I've changed my mind as well. I thought the Nest looked really sweet, but I'm not going to be getting one. While I LOVE the physical design, I've come to the conclusion that I need to first think about what I want to do, then find the product that suits my needs. The Trane model you linked to, Bruno, is very nice, but it also doesn't integrate with many (any?) home automation systems like I'm looking for.

Instead I'm going to continue expanding my ZWave system with a compatible thermostat. I'm currently looking at this Trane, as it seems to be the best choice among the options available to me.

My goal is that I don't even have to be near the thermostat to control/program it, so in the end I've decided I don't really care what it looks like. I'm happy with it simply blending in with my wall.

Bruno, would you mind taking a look at that product and telling me if it has a decent compliment of HVAC capabilities? I don't know anything about that side of the equation (I probably wired the thermostat in my current place the wrong way smile ).

Before purchasing the Vera Lite for my ZWave system, the Nest was much more attractive to me. Now that I can start doing much cooler stuff with my system than I could before, I'm really excited to outfit the rest of my place with ZWave stuff...