Originally Posted By: Dignan
we haven't used ours for the last month either!
And we haven't used ours in the last two years. Oh, wait. We don't have AC or heat in our house. smile

The average daily high temperature, from coldest month to hottest month, ranges from 76 to 86 degrees F (24--30 C). In the coldest months it will drop down into the mid-60's at night. Mid November, 7am as I write this, it's 67 degrees outside. Our rainy season ended late this year (mid-October) and we will not see another drop of rain until next June. It's a tough gig, but somehow I persevere.

It's funny to see the locals outside when the temperature drops below 70 degrees, bundled up in hoodies and coats, with their dogs wearing fleece jackets. They look at me in disbelief when I tell them I used to walk my little miniature poodle at forty degrees below zero with no coverings at all, and he was fine with it, was willing to stay out longer than I was.

I am seriously considering [I have it in the budget] adding AC this Spring because while it might be 85 degrees outside, inside the house it will get up into the mid to high 90s some days because three of the four outside walls of the house are glass floor to ceiling. We would only need to use it for two months out of the year, for at most six hours per day. Those two months will double my annual electric bill, from $146 to $277 per year. Just as [more?] important as the cooling is the unit I am looking at claims to have highly efficient air filtration, which will help my wife's allergies. The claimed SEER factor of 21 is also appealing.

tanstaafl.