Quote:
Keep us up-to-date!

I had to reboot a couple times more than I was supposed to have to. And, shortly after getting it all setup on the network, I got a weird error message:

myworld[226]: hpk brcm: failed to convert BES to PES header. Assuming buffer overrun. this is the only thread I can find on it so far... I'll have to look into it more later. The HDVR2 rebooted itself shortly after that. And all was well. I'll have to research this myworld stuff... I don't even know what the "Myworld mempool unused K = 2502" message that is on my menu screens means.

I installed TivoWebPlus, which i'm really disappointed with. It was probably the main reason i'd wanted to upgrade, but the layout and interface is pretty weak. I'll have to see If I just don't have the right modules or something, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

I got TivoToGo working and can listen to music and check out photos off of my PC. Pretty good, but no where near as nice as MS Media Center.

The only issue I'm having as of now is sound glitching. Every once and a while the menu beeps will start to become scratchy and distorted, until it's an awful screeching clicky sound. When that occurs it also has a sound glitch when fast forwarding or rewinding. Once I put it into standby and come out of it the problem is gone though. Annoying.

Quote:
What does -K do in your telnet?

I have no idea. I found it on a forum post by one of the heavy hitters, tried it and it worked. According to the man page:

-K Specifies no automatic login to the remote system.

I dunno why that would prevent double characters or why it was happening in the first place. But it works. telnet -K xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx