*SIGH*

I finally get the thing hacked and where I want it, and boom. I was watching Futurama and it started stuttering every few seconds... not a good sign. So I rebooted it after doing a quick log size check in Tivoweb. It got stuck at receiving satellite signal 70% after multiple reboots. I realized I could just telnet in and tail the kernel log which shows boot up stuff, and sure enough there at the end was this over and over:

Feb 19 09:53:51 (none) kernel: hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
Feb 19 09:53:51 (none) kernel: hda: dma_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=10624381, sector=488765
Feb 19 09:53:51 (none) kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:0a (hda), sector 488765

I ran e2fsk on hda7 and hda9 a few time and it found errors every few times on hda9. Looks like this drive is going down in flames. I'm running Powermax, the low level Maxtor utility, on it right now to see if it can fix the errors, but i'm not to hopeful. Gonna have to restore an old image to the 40gb drive and wait for a new drive to show up. I hope I can at least get it RMAed.

Doh... disk check just finished: "This drive is failing... blah blah blah" crap. Going to their website to check it it's RMAable...

Phew! Just under the gun... 03/09/2005 is the warranty run out date. Sweet. Getting advanced RMA now. Argh... I guess I'll have to do the whole setup process again. I'd done a bunch of customization too. Ah well!

Now how to figure out how to break it to Kelly in the AM that our DirecTV will be out of commision for a bit...

Edit: Sonofa.... now Maxtor's website doesn't seem to want to accept my credit card for the advance RMA. GRRRRR. To tired... will deal in AM.

Edited by loren (19/02/2005 08:40)