I'm finally starting this today (spend the last day or so running Cat5 and coax to another room). Thanks to Loren, I was already on step 6 when I started! Thanks Loren!

But, I'm already having an issue... I booted off of the PTV disk. Worked. I swapped to the Tools CD and typed "mkdir /cdrom" and have now been staring at a blinking cursor for 5 minutes... I'm getting worried. Prior to this, I tried the "mkdir /cdrom" command before swapping to the Tools CD on accident. I immediately got a "kernal mkdir not found" error message. I'm not getting it this time, so I'm assuming "something" is happening, but I'm getting worried. Maybe I'm used to our FAQ where it will tell you when to expect for a long pause for certain commands.. Okay, it's been another 3 minutes or so and I'm still getting the blinking cursor.

DVD drive is secondary slave, unformatted Tivo drive is secondary master.

Should I keep waiting or is something goofed up? Bad CD?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I saw the "boot:" prompt after booting from the PTV CD and thought that's what the bash prompt looked like when booting from the CD. Would have helped if I read the "Press <Enter> to boot". NOW I swap CDs. sheeesh.

Edited by SE_Sport_Driver (31/03/2005 16:01)