I am desperately trying to search for the point of this post. How is the price of the Empeg a year ago relevant to any of what you're talking about here? Are you complaining about a supposed lack of development projects on the Empeg (even though one of them already exists, and another is in planning)?

When you say "you Empeg guys" are you talking about the designers and developers of the product and the player software (Empeg Ltd) or the many 3rd party developers? I hope it's the latter. If you're questioning why they didn't release a product that replaced a PDA, GPS, cell phone, and laptop computer, AND was the best car MP3 player at the time (and still is several years later) you're an ungrateful prick. If you're upset with the fact that these applications don't exist yet, why don't you fire up a Linux box and start hacking?

I apologize for being rude here, but these guys have developed the best car audio product in the world, and you're upset that it doesn't play MP3's AND jerk you off. Worst of all, you bought it for less than it cost to make.