but because the image and name used are in such poor taste, would you mind "moderating" that (obvious) post into oblivion and changing the password on the account?

Even if I could do that, I wouldn't. The person using the account is someone we all know. He is our friend, he is a good person, and he was simply being funny. He is a long-time empeg owner, and he is one of the biggest supporters of this community.

In terms of "taste", it's no different than when JC was posting, or when I posed as Rex Oah for a little fun. Personally, I found the posts hilarious, even before I checked out who the poster was.

I think that if you knew he was a BBS regular, you might have felt differently about the posts. It's like... if a stranger stops you on the street and tells you an off-color joke , you might find it offensive. But if your best friend tells you the same joke, you would laugh. It's merely a question of context.

I knew he was "one of us" right away. Even before I checked out the source, I could see, both from his carefully-prepared BBS profile, and from the comments in the posts, that this was a knowledgeable empeg owner and a longtime BBS regular. So maybe that's why I laughed and you got offended.

But as the saying goes, "Humor is like a frog. You can dissect it, but the thing dies in the process."