The real flaw in your logic is that these new features cost money because they need to be developed, and that would add cost. You can't make the things you were talking about happen and keep the cost of the unit the same. Some of the features of other Rio products will snake their way into the Empeg player. Others will be done on programmers' own time out of their own desire to see neat things appear on the Empeg.

As Roger has said above, you are seriously underestimating the cost that went into the Empeg car product, costs which ultimately led to, as you say, a product that couldn't appeal to the mass market. But it wasn't ever *intended* to appeal to the mass market. The one thing that made it appeal to the mass market was the giant sell-off, and obviously that wasn't done to sustain the product, rather, to decomission it. I am not denying any truth about the price, it definitely did turn a lot of people off, but there was no other choice in the matter. PLEASE tell me you understand that by now.

You're right, no hard feelings, but no matter how much you go back on what you said or accuse me of putting words in your mouth, your post was out of line considering the costs involved in developing the product. I'll chalk it up to a lack of understanding and hope that as you become more informed, you'll realize things happened the way they did for a reason.

Welcome to the BBS. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.