bonzi, how much something is "worth" and how much people can afford are very closely related.

I agree in principle. However, "worth" of the product is judged by other products of the similar kind in the same market. "Affordability" is individual matter. Clearly, product has to be affordable to someone, but given the amount of money spent on absurdly expensive status symbol items that should not be a problem for several thousand empeg units worldwide.

So, empeg was always worth the price for me (I compared it to other expensive audio and computing toys I had or wished to have). However, the first time my number came, I deffered because at that moment I could not afford it. OTOH, even if I could easily afford McLaren F1 or something from Sultan of Brunei garage sale, I would not buy it, because I could get almost as much fun (and much less unwanted attention) for five or ten times less money. For me those supercars are not worth their price, regardless of (theoretical) affordability. Hence my disagreement with comparing empeg to Ferarri:
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue