Yeah, I'm sick of it. Firstly, we all know that Iraq plays dirty.

But the reason that I'm sick of it is that the current US Administration has basically screwed US credibility with regards to the Geneva Convention. They've gone out of their way to find a *cough* legal method of avoiding it altogether when it comes to people detained in Afghanistan. And also to ensure that the detainees cannot get any legal representation within the US legal system either.

Basically, as far as I'm concerned, the Afghan detainee situation boils down to armed abduction and illegal detention. Sure, if we believe everything that we're told, they aren't being tortured, they are being well looked after and it's generating good intel. But it's no better than North Korea abducting the few dozen Japanese a couple of decades ago.

I have a hard problem listening to the US Government whine about other nations who do not respect international law, and touting how great their record is whilst this situation persists. The hypocrisy is astounding. I don't really care whether they give them legal recourse under US law or under the terms of the Geneva Convention, but they should have some.