In reply to:

The same is probably true for 90% of Americans. The same is probably true for 90% of most people in the world.

Your post is what I meant by "no founding". I live near Detroit, home of the US auto industry. We have "boobs" from the UK, Germany and Japan here all the time. They are often cocky, arrogant dip-sh1ts. But that in no way effects my opinion of the rest of the people from their countries. So while it is a "cause" for an opinion, it not a foundation for a fact.

Think about this: Most American's in Europe are snobby rich kids or overpaid business people. I'm by no means living in poverty but do you think I could afford to "vacation in Europe"? A plane ticket would cost more than my first car. So that's how I look at the people visiting Detroit - they are just overpaid jerks (I'm exaggerating here - I have met a lot of nice people from abroad) who were given a company credit card paid for by BMW. And if I did travel to Europe, I probably WOULD wear a Canadian flag out of fear - not because I was embarrissed. Canada has the luxury of having a big, protective brother living next door. They can just sit there and work on their own affairs knowning that they'll never be threatened (admittedly, more than 1/2 the reason they aren't threatened is because they don't get involved in international affairs.) So if I wear a Canadian flag, I'm less likely to have bad things happen to me.

BTW: I wouldn't call advancing 200 miles into Iraq with only 20 - 30 loses out of 250,000 troops being "humiliated". The US is starting to whine about that stuff, but I think they are just sick of being asked stupid questions like "how many babies are YOU going to kill today" when they are going out of their way to avoid such things and are spending millions of dollars per munition rather than a few thousand on a bomb to ensure it doesn't happen. So even though they are the only side involved in this counflict that would never hurt a civilian unless it was accidental, many news outlets are failing to report this.