OK, here I am, but quickly :

I said Europe (and France in particular) does have reasons to be very grateful, and the fact that US entered the war after understandable reluctance primarily from self-interest does not diminish that.

I don't think UN inspections were 'sham'. They were not given enough time, and US kept repeating they had evidence Iraq has or is attempting to produce WMD, but never showed any. When finally US decided to present such 'evidence', it just turned poor Mr. Powell into laughing stock.

As for economic interests in Iraq, I assure you I don't have any, and still think this war is not such a good idea . Another thread points to an article which pretty nicely articulates what kind of outcome I fear. So, my objections are not strictly 'legalistic' (after all, I did not object to intervention in Kosovo, perhaps partly because the guys being targeted were the same ones that kept my family running to shelter, and who put my coworker's parents into a mass grave few years before).

As for no-bid contracts, that's what I read in American sources. If they are innacurate, I stand corrected. (But tenders were certainly not international, were they )
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue