And if I did travel to Europe, I probably WOULD wear a Canadian flag out of fear - not because I was embarrissed. Canada has the luxury of having a big, protective brother living next door. They can just sit there and work on their own affairs knowning that they'll never be threatened (admittedly, more than 1/2 the reason they aren't threatened is because they don't get involved in international affairs.) So if I wear a Canadian flag, I'm less likely to have bad things happen to me.

Regardless of motive, false flag operations are cowardly and liable to get you shot as a spy.

Well, in war anyway. But I can't see how you are helping the situation at all? If all the intelligent, thoughtful and worldly US citizens pretend to be Canadian when abroad, leaving only the loud, arrogant and ignorant US citizens to fly the US flag abroad, just where in the World would people get the misconceived idea that USAians are loud, arrogrant and ignorant?!

How can you plead allegiance to your flag one week, and hide behind another the next? Don't actions speak louder than words? How does lying to everyone you meet abroad sit with true US values of honesty and respect? And just how is that fair to your northern neighbors?