Anyone else find it funny that the film "You've Got Mail" was about a small little book shop that was being forced out of business by a large bookstore chain when the movie was sponsored by AOL (who put many local ISP's out of business) and Starbucks (where 1/2 the movie seemed to take place)?

This same hatred for Western "culture" is the main reason that we are and will always be the target of terrorism. It has nothing to do with our troops being on holy land or our support for Israel. Every terror suspect or supporter that I've heard make a statement has expressed this point. They will use topics like Israel and troops in Saudi Arabia to gather support, but their fundamental complaint is our life style. So before anyone gets too bend out of shape by our films and our fast food establishments - consider what that hatred might lead to.

Maybe I'm spoiled living in the suburbs, but I've got plenty of choice when it comes to coffee shops (don't diners sell coffee anymore?) or book stores. To be honest, how many people in the US were drinking cafe late's every morning before Starbucks came to your town? I think they've actually created a market.

It's too bad that people that hate it so much simply don't ignore it. Hate Hollywood films? Go to your local art theater and view an indie or foreign film. Hate Nike? Buy another shoe. Hate the way our women dress? Don't apply for citizenship here no matter how tempting our Welfare program is (or simply stay home and don't watch MTV if you do.)

I hate mainstream music - that's why I bought my empeg!