Jim, how's anybody supposed to reply to that unless they have a free hour or two?

A few points (that don't really address your general point):

1. (not to speek for Tony, but) He expressed that he was against the administration's approach to conflict with Iraq. He never said he was against the war but now that it's going we have no choice to support it.

2. I don't know why people keep saying that we are suffering heavy losses. Maybe in the video game era, 50 or so lost soldiers 10 days into a war is heavy losses, but do you have any idea how many people died EACH DAY in Vietnam? Hell, more people died in car accidents on American roads the first week of the war than soldiers in Iraq - either by accidents or enemy fire. Twice as many people died at that Great White concert.

3. Suicide bombs and the like have never been effective against military targets. I really think that it's pointless to try to say the military is going to not accomplish their goals here. People said the same thing in Afghanistan - that we were not being effective and nothing was happening. Then 2 days later, we had control of every major city there. If you want to argue that we won't be successful politically or diplomatically with the Arab world or with Iraq, then that is another topic altogether.

4. All of this is really empeg's fault! We've been promised that they'd take care of this for us.

Other than that, I think your post was very well writen.