Does anyone here have a problem with the idea of stopping the spread of communism?
Yes.

Stalin was certainly one of the more evil dictators in history, and his regime was horrendous, but the concept of communism itself is not. For example, other than some very legitimate human rights concerns, Cuba is doing quite well as a communist state. It's certainly better than when Batista was running it.

Battling a philosophy is just stupid, unless that philosophy is ``kill 'em all'', which Communism's never was. In addition, though the Marshall Plan was one of the best examples of US foreign policy ever (hell -- anyone's foreign policy), our battles with communism usually installed or supported a more tyrannical regime than it deposed or decried.

There are other arguments about whether or not Communism is a functionally practical government type (and I won't get into government vs. economy here; we all know what I mean), but that's not a reason to fight someone else's country over, nor is it within the scope of this argument, I think.