Well, I made a quick decision and bought the Drobo with FW800. Let me tell you how I arrived at this conclusion...

The device is $450 here which is expensive, but it looks really sweet. Sweet enough that Cris is pining over one and his total cost is closer to $600. I will admit that I didn't do much research before pulling the trigger, but I felt like I had to act quick.

You see, I was reading through this thread on fatwallet earlier in the week. Basically, Microsoft is offering 30% cash back within 60 days on Paypal buy-it-now items on ebay purchased through a link from live.com. Luckily, I remembered this a couple minutes ago and went into hyper-spend mode before (with my luck) Microsoft pulls the plug.

It turns out I will be getting the Drobo for $339.98 after the $138 cashback from Microsoft. I figure that if the Drobo blows, I would undoubtedly be able to sell it for more than $339.98 in 60 days time. I also will have two more 750GB drives (total of four) if I cast the DNS-323 aside. Four 750GB drives sould yeild 2TB in the Drobo, so that's a plus.

I'll let you guys know how I make out.