Like Cris, I'm debating between the different Apple models for my home and work needs, both of which are currently running older Mac mini's with very much older Cinema 23" displays (one of which is flaking out).

My temptation, for work, is to get a 24" iMac for me, and one for everybody else in my group. They do the job and they can reuse older monitors as second displays. The only real question is whether we should pony up for one of the models with the fancier graphics card. There could be some real payoff there, if/when OpenCL takes off.

For home, it's a harder decision. The home machine runs Adobe Lightroom and it's sluggish. I occasionally want to encode video with iMovie and it takes forever. I've got ~1.2TB of state, currently living on external Firewire hard drives. I'd like to migrate this to internal drives running ZFS, which should be entirely feasible on a MacPro. Maybe I should just wait for 10.6 to come out before pulling the trigger on that so I have a better idea what Apple's really up to. (Also, I may prefer to go the Hackintosh route, with a regular Core i7 desktop PC, presumably saving a non-trivial amount of money.)