Unfortunately, there is a nasty sting in the tale of the new "cheaper" entry model. Unlike the previous 4 core model the new one does not have a second CPU socket. The 4 core that is in my price range is what I will have to stick with, there is no question of me shelling out for the new £2500 8 core model. I am already pushing my budget well beyond what I have saved for this.

It's either the new 4 core, or an iMac for me. I have a fixed budget for spending on the new business and this will take every last penny of that. It will mean a few other ideas will have to wait for the business to actually bring in money. But the old MacBook is creaking under the pressure. I sorted and edited almost 500 photos via Lightroom and PS on Monday, I think it almost died on me! It's going to become a major bottle neck if it isn't replaced by the time I start shooting a few video ideas I have.

I have been reading a few of the Mac forums and there is a bit of bad feeling about the new 4 core being so expensive, as the CPU is relatively cheap compared to the 2 CPUs in the 8 core models. I suppose that doesn't really matter to me, as there is no chance I can afford the 8 core anyway.

People seem to be loving the new MacMini though, I find that hard to understand as the price has gone up to £500 here in the UK, and that's just the base model.

Cheers

Cris.