Too bad I can't afford (or justify if I could) a ReadyNAS 3200. 12 drive capacity would be super nice. Though not as nice if all the drives had to be the exact same size.

WIth same-size drive requirements, that means you'd have to replace, for example, you current 1.5TB disks if you ever wanted to add any 2 TB disks in the future.

The ReadyNAS Pro Business supports iSCSI out of the box but it streets for as much as the DroboPro MSRP ($1500) unpopulated. It also supports only 6 drives.

I need the storage capacity and redundancy, but I don't need the product to be NAS, that's why the DroboPro appeals to me. But going back to that bullet-proof comment from earlier... Always feeling uncomfortable or downright uncertain about the integrity of some of your data, let alone the entire array, would be too much.

I'm also liking the snapshot feature of the Pro Business model, but I don't think I'd have the external capacity to snapshot the entire array. I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to automate backups of specific shares or directories on one of the lesser products (NV+, Pro Pioneer).

I'll have to keep an eye on this space over the next couple of months, while for now I just try to scrounge as much free drive space as I can with the disks I have lying about.