Trigger pulled this AM. 2.93GHz 17" MacBook pro with anti-glare screen. Added a Canon Pixma MP480 to that, which will be a gift for my parents, at $29 after ($100) rebate. Purchase made with affiliate Employee discount which saved a few bucks.

Bought it with a CC that offers an additional year of purchase protection/warranty on top of whatever the manufacturer has by default. I may still buy Apple's 2-year AppleCare extension on eBay as suggested by Tom. This would overlap the CC's warranty extension though, so I'll only do it if I can get it very low priced (since it's only adding 1 more year in this case). If I had bought the AppleCare with the CC at the time I bought the computer, it would add a year to the AC's 2. AC was too pricy directly from Apple though.

On-topic for this thread, I might also pick up another Guardian Maximus RAID1 enclosure as a backup device. My current one is being used to store media on my Sage box right now. Ideally I'd like to connect this to a new Airport Express Extreme (another thread later) and use AirPort Disk with Time Machine.

Edited by hybrid8 (04/03/2009 15:12)