I'm sure it'll be upgraded. But upgraded to something that can automatically recognise and track every person it can see on each of it's cameras? God knows. So the chances to being caught by the feds walking through Manchester city centre while wearing a hat is pretty much 0% at the moment. The idea that I'm being constantly watched by CCTV in this country is nonsense. I'm walking past the cameras and it's possible that I'm being recorded, but will anyone actually ever view the video and say 'Yes, that's Andy Marriott, why isn't he at work?', no. I'm sure once technology advances sufficiently then the US government will install it everywhere as well.

The best way to track me would be to look at my debit card transactions, you'd then know where I park, where I fill my car up, where I do my shopping, where I buy my lunch etc. That technology is in place in every developed nation.

Minority report was the only film I could think of... although if we use TV shows, then the CSI franchise always manages to use massively advanced CCTV footage to catch their criminals.

Andy M