A couple random thoughts:

- I'm planning to upgrade my 1.5 year old Droid X to a Galaxy Nexus, and thus renew a 2 year commitment to Verizon. The release date seems to be a moving target. droid-life.com seems to be covering the rumors reasonably well. The latest two rumored dates seem to be Nov. 21 and Dec. 8. We'll see.

- I've been saying for a while now that the only way to have a good Android experience is to have one that hasn't been dorked up by third party. Also, if there's some kind of serious problem, then it will impact enough Google employees that they will file bugs and/or just go fix it themselves.

- Plus, you're modestly less likely to have carrier-installed spyware like Carrier IQ. (It's entirely unclear whether other phones have the same issue or not. The company claims to support more than just Android.)

- The level of spit and polish looks impressive to me, but then I'm more of a power user than a "keep it clean and simple" guy.

- If you prefer AT&T, you should be able to import the international version at full price. It also works on AT&T's HSPA+ network. I don't know about whether it will additionally work with T-Mobile's equivalent network.