I tossed some strings from ranger6's post into Google, and the precise only hit seems to be here. Hitting on some of the points in the post:

- After living with the phone myself, I've had zero voicemail problems, but then I don't use VZ voicemail. I use Google Voice.

- Indeed battery life is crud, but I've now populated my home, desk, and cars with chargers. When I leave work, I've got a fully charged phone and it lasts until I get home, no matter how much I pound on it.

- Sound quality is fine, although I wish the ringer was louder. Some third-party people have come up with hacks to fix this.

- The menu thing isn't as bad once you recognize that it's intended to be location-context relevant, as in, "ahh, we had more things that we might have wanted to put here as buttons, but we ran out of room, so here they are on a menu instead." Still, if all you want to do is get to the damn configuration settings, there's no longer any standard way to get there. (Not that there really was in the old days.)