Originally Posted By: tonyc
I can understand why people would want a unified partition with all the storage available in it, but releasing the phone before there's a solution for non-Microsoft platforms is kind of weak. Not that I'm in the Galaxy Nexus sweepstakes anyway, given I'm just a few months into my Nexus S contract, but, still.

Originally Posted By: wfaulk
In the several years that I've had an Android device, I have used USB Mass Storage exactly once. I have used other methods to transfer files, from "cloud" syncs to Android Bluetooth and SMB clients to Android FTP servers.

I was upset about it when I first heard, since I hate transfer modes like MTP and Samsung Kies (which is awful), but then I thought about it a while and decided that, like Bitt, I haven't hooked my phone up to my computer in an extremely long time.

Music can be loaded with Google Music over the web, or you can download apps like Double Twist or Winamp to sync over WiFi. Getting photos onto your phone has never been a problem if you've used Picasa (now Google Photos), as it automatically showed your web albums. Now Google+ gets the photos off automatically as well.

The last thing to sideload is video, and I've never needed to do that.

Yes, there are other instances when I've hooked my phone up, but those were geeky things like wanting to sideload an APK or rooting or installing an alternative ROM (and APKs can just be downloaded over email).