I'm interested in hearing some opinions of the Galaxy Nexus from empeggers. The LTE version in particular. From what I've read on the XDA forums, The LTE version is getting a lot of crap. Most of the complaints seem to be either battery life, screen quality variances, OS speed, and (of course) the camera.

As far as my GSM Nexus goes, I still think it's the best phone I've handled. My father has an iPhone 4S now, so I've been able to play with that device more intimately since getting the Nexus. My opinion really hasn't changed with relation to the 4S. Yes, the camera on the iPhone 4S is better, but once you get a handle of the Galaxy Nexus camera, I think it's at least as good as the iPhone 4. To put it simply, I don't find the Galaxy Nexus camera to be detrimental to my overall opinion of the device.

I have an update regarding my switch to prepaid T-Mobile USA from my long-standing postpaid AT&T service. After spending more time with the T-Mobile service, I concluded that it's not for me... even at the extreme discount. The coverage of 3G service is far worse than AT&T. I haven't seen AT&T fall back on EDGE service in over a year. However, T-Mobile still has a ton of areas around here without 3G. Even my house is in an EDGE zone, and I live right on top of the New York State Thruway. My opinion is that it's more important to have slower 3G service in more areas than blistering HSPA+ service in very few. To make matters worse, a tower near my house was down for a few days over the Christmas holiday. This caused me to experience absolutely no voice service at home. It was the final straw. Luckily, I still had my AT&T account active. I simply swapped my SIM into the Nexus and went on my way from there. The petaband radio in the Nexus saved the day.

One interesting/unfortunate thing is how AT&T provisions accounts for HSPA+ access. When the Motorola Atrix 4G came to AT&T, it came configured with a different APN than every other device even going back to the Cingular days. The thought around the web is that this APN is only for HSPA+ "4G" phones provisioned with a "4G" data plan. Likewise, there is also a new APN usable by only LTE devices like the Galaxy S II Skyrocket. Since my AT&T SIM is from an iPhone 4 which is merely an HSDPA 7.2 Mbps device, I might not have been able to make full use of the HSPA+ speeds of the Nexus.

To remedy this, I did the only logical thing. I bought a cheap second-hand Atrix for $200, put my iPhone 4 microSIM in it, called AT&T from it, and told them I had an Atrix now. The agent promptly switched my dataplan from the iPhone 3G plan to the "4G" HSPA+ unlimited plan without any fuss. Now that my curiosity about AT&T dataplan provisioning is satiated, I have a pretty nice Atrix to unload. I have the option of returning it to the seller within 30 days, but maybe someone here might want it.

That's right! not only am I giving you a riveting story about AT&T's silly data policies, but I'm also gifting you the opportunity to pick up a sweet Atrix for a nice price. The Atrix is used, but it's in very good condition. There is some lint buildup in the earpiece grille and some marks showing where a case once was, but it's in really nice condition. The battery seems to hold a charge without any issue. The software is at 2.3.4 which I assume is current. The device is locked to AT&T, but $20 could probably take care of that. Software is stock, but I have the motoblur bypass code which I will provide free of charge! The phone does not include a charger or the dongle for the little HDMI port on the side of the phone. The backlight for the capacitive buttons along the bottom is uneven, but the screen itself is flawless. I have $200 into this thing and that's what I want. If interested, PM me. If nobody wants it, it will be returned on Monday.