Originally Posted By: robricc
I think the lack of a menu button on the Galaxy Nexus is a little odd. There's plenty of real estate along the bottom of the screen. It could easily be present and actually is when you're running an non-ICS app.

I agree. I really disagree with this one design aspect of ICS. I think they've completely failed with the new button layout. There have been several times already where within the same app, the menu dots will move from the top of the app to the bottom, or in an email you'll have two menu buttons.

From what I've heard, the Android team didn't like that developers just threw everything that didn't fit into the menu button. My reaction to that is: so? I liked that! I liked that I could assume that if I couldn't figure out how to do something, I could just hit the menu button and usually what I was looking for was there. My thought is that it's better than either cluttering up the interface or making things hard to find. The problem is, whether they agree with me or not, developers are STILL going to hide options in the menu button, but now that menu button moves all over the place, and that's an awful idea.

I'm still upset about the search button. I keep wanting to use it in my apps to perform a search, and I especially keep wanting to hold it down to do a voice command. That part drives me nuts.

And all of this is so they could have a dedicated app switcher button? I'd be amazed if the average user wanted that button or used it. I like the new app switcher, but I really wish it was still mapped to the home button hold.

Ah well, I really should stop ranting about this dumb issue smile