Yeah, I'm also confused by the relative lack of popularity of phone docks. Samsung offers a Nexus S dock for the home, but in the car, all they offer is a GPS mount that you have to plug in a separate charger for (there are a couple of aftermarket products, but no really good ones that I've seen.)

This might be a case of that dreaded Android "f-word" problem rearing its head again -- because there are so many different phones with different form factors, nobody bothers making docks when they won't sell enough of them before people move on to a new phone with a slightly different positioning of the microUSB port or whatever. (Even the Nexus series all have different shapes, sizes, etc.) I was hoping that the L-shaped Nexus S dock might make it possible for future Nexus phones (at least ones from Samsung) to re-use the same dock, but that appears to not be the case from eyeballing the Galxy Nexus hardware.

I'm even more shocked that nobody's really copied or licensed the Touchstone idea from HP. What I wouldn't give for an induction-charging magnetic dock for my Nexus S...