Quote:
Not to derail the thread too much, but what about a so called iPhone 5 had you interested above the 4S?

I probably could have been swayed by a larger screen, better camera, and more RAM.

My first phone with a screen larger than the iPhone was a Dell Venue. It was a really eye-opening experience. Since that point, iPhones look too small to me.

RAM is important for multiple Safari tabs/windows. It drove me crazy on the iPad 1 and it's better on the iPad 2, but is still an annoyance.

I guess we got a better camera, but the Galaxy S II camera was pretty fantastic in my opinion. The iPhone 4S camera seems to be lacking the special sauce that made the iPhone 4 camera stand out in its time.

A big downside to the iPhone is having to jailbreak to make it do what I want. I don't mind doing it if the exploits come out quick enough, but it's still annoying and easier just to pick up an unlocked Android phone.

I will post some Galaxy Nexus camera samples tomorrow. I'm one of those jerks that takes photos of food at restaurants. The Galaxy Nexus does a good job of taking photos in low light. However, the jpegs are about 1.3MB which seems small for 5MP photos. I think the (un-selectable) compression might be too high for my liking. I'll have to scrutinize the pics later. On the up-side you can snap pics at an astonishing rate. If iPhone and Galaxy Nexus both claim zero shutter lag, Google's definition of "zero" feels quicker.