Has anyone seen anything about the accessories for the GN? I can understand Verizon holding back the phone, but I don't really see why Samsung would be so delayed with the accessories, which they can sell themselves at a big markup/profit. If I could, I'd go out and buy a car dock, two desktop docks, and probably an HDMI dock.

So far, all I've seen is a desktop dock, but absolutely not the kind I want. It positions the GN horizontally, which is fine, but it charges by sliding the phone to the right into a micro USB plug. It looks awful, and I'm surprised it's made by Samsung! What the heck happened to the dock they showed when they announced the phone?

*edit*

Even worse is this product, which is merely a stand that charges a second battery. There is no port to charge the phone. Instead, you're expected to use the included two-prong micro USB charger to connect to the back of the stand (for the battery) and to the bottom of the phone on its side (at least, that's what the one they had at Verizon contained, it looks like the Amazon one leaves you to find your own charger for the phone).

This concerns me greatly, because it seems my earlier fears of not knowing how to deal with the different form factors of the phone might be valid. The two models of Galaxy Nexus might just be a mm different, but that's going to make it difficult for making accessories...

Edited by Dignan (20/12/2011 12:51)