Originally Posted By: drakino
Originally Posted By: Dignan
I'm not even a Verizon customer yet and I'm already unhappy with my switch from T-Mobile frown

If it's something that concerns you, especially on a premiere Android device, maybe the route Rob took is worth looking into yourself. Don't give Verizon business if you feel uncomfortable with them, and have no service needs to switch.

Here's the problem: I actually want to be on Verizon's network! They have the best network in my area, and I need that given the amount of travelling around my area that I do. I can't, like most people, just say "what's the best network at work and at home?" because my work covers all of northern VA. Also, Verizon is the only network that works throughout the Metro subway system. Oh, and I can get LTE with their version of the GN, which is "more 4G" than the other guys' 4G.

Quote:
It is worth running the numbers these days on prepaid vs postpaid plans, and buying outright. My own experience doing this recently was very enlightening. I was much closer to being able to switch and save money then I thought I was. The only thing that really killed it for me was the lack of an AWS capable radio in the 4S.

How do you do prepaid on a phone of your choosing?

I can't afford $750 for a phone, and I really need a new phone so I can't really wait much longer. The actual hardware of my Nexus One appears to be failing, with bluetooth working half the time and a host of other annoyances. I need a reliable phone because it's my lifeline and the only phone all my business is conducted through.

It's no matter, though, because I really doubt it would make economic sense to go prepaid for me. Like I said, I run my business through my phone, and I don't have a landline. I spend a lot of time on the phone with clients, and I use a lot of data.

Edited by Dignan (08/12/2011 17:51)